Dr. Oyer provides psychoanalysis and psychotherapy for adults and adolescents and play therapy for children. Dr. Oyer works flexibly to address each person's individual needs and therapy goals.
Issues addressed in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy include:
- Interpersonal difficulties in romantic relationships, friendships, or in the workplace
- Sexual difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Identity issues
- Substance abuse
- Psychotic disorders
- Personality disorders
Dr. Oyer also provides psychodiagnostic and neuropsychological assessment for both children and adults. Frequent referral questions for neuropsychological assessment include:
- Is a learning disorder present?
- What is causing attention difficulties?
- Are learning difficulties or behavioral problems the result of an underlying emotional or psychological difficulty?
In addition to questions such as these, psychodiagnostic assessment can be very useful for individuals who are already in psychotherapy. Dr. Oyer works collaboratively with the patient and the individual's psychotherapist and/or psychopharmacologist to:
- Refine diagnosis
- Refine treatment planning
- Predict relationship patterns and treatment issues that are likely to arise
- Develop strategies for overcoming treatment impasses
- Assess therapeutic progress
Dr. Oyer provides a sliding fee scale and takes account of each individual's financial situation and treatment needs. To schedule a free consultation, contact Dr. Oyer at:
(212) 523-7859 or email@example.com.